What are you doing with my data?
The TBA is committed to protecting your privacy.
The TBA uses your data for the following:
- To provide you with membership services which includes but may not be limited to:
- Renewal of membership subscriptions and managing your membership
- Notifications of membership offers, events and industry notifications
- Mailing of the Thoroughbred Owner and Breeder magazine and newsletters
- Analysis of the membership database to direct relevant information to the right members
Do you share my data with other organisations?
- Your data is used to run various schemes such as National Hunt Mare Owners’ Prize Scheme and the Breeders Badge Scheme where we share your data with industry bodies including the RCA and Weatherbys for purposes of the schemes in which they are involved
- Our email service provider has your email address for purposes of emailing the membership
- Your data is shared with our mailing houses for the purpose of sending your monthly Thoroughbred Owner and Breeder magazine and for mailings from the TBA.
What are you doing with my data?
- Your data is used only for the purposes of membership administration and that of various schemes that we have to offer our members.
- The TBA will not share your data with any third party for external marketing purposes but we may from time to time send industry updates or information that we think may be of interest to you as a TBA member. If you do not wish to receive these messages please contact the TBA to update your preferences.
What data do you hold about me?
- Company Name if applicable
- Optional information includes: Gender, Date of birth (TTC members must provide DOB) email address, Contact telephone numbers, race discipline – Flat or NH preference, number of brood mares, whether you are an employer of stud staff.
- History : subscription payment record, any TBA awards/prizes, events attended, schemes you have joined, correspondence (including emails) received/sent
- If you wish to have a copy of the information that we hold about you on our database please contact the TBA and this will be provided for a nominal administration fee of £10.00. firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I know my details are secure?
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard your information. Any third party organisations with whom we share information have provided us with their guarantee that the information is used in accordance with our instructions and procedures and guidelines set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Can I delete or change the information you hold about me?
- If you wish to remove any information that the TBA holds about you please contact the office and we will make any changes or deletions that you require. You will be able to notify the TBA of any mailing/email preferences to ensure we only send you what you have consented to receive. Please note that this may result in you not being informed of last minute event information, badge offers etc.
If you have any queries or a complaint regarding out data protection policy please contact the TBA as below:
The Thoroughbred Breeders’ Association
8 The Avenue
Tel: 01638 661321 Email: email@example.com
If you think your data has been misused or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Telephone: 0303 123 1113